Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Favorite Wedding Caterers

There are these two wedding caterers in my town that I just love. I see them at about three quarters of the weddings I attend. I think I’ve seen them at every bridal shower as well. They have a varied menu and are really great cooks.

The two wedding caterers each have a signature appetizer to offer the client. One of them stuffs mushrooms and they are marvelous. The other one served spiced nuts in dishes everywhere. I can’t decide which I like more.

I let each of my daughters choose their own wedding caterers. They each chose a different one, but they both cost roughly the same amount. I hired the same caterer for both of my daughter’s bridal showers. I did not choose the same menu, though.

Wedding caterers have a lot of menus to choose from usually. My daughter Jenny picked the quiche and fruit for her bridal party. My daughter Sarah a taco bar. Those were two very different parties! I enjoyed both and the food was fantastic.

Jenny’s wedding caterers delivered her a buffet that was so beautiful. There was a tropical fruit display, a seasonal vegetable tray with herb dipping sauce. There was a cheese tray with three cheeses and gourmet crackers. She chose finger sandwiches and Iced Tea. The fare was very light and very tasty.

The wedding caterers for Sarah’s wedding cost a little bit more, but she had a heavier meal. She also had a tropical fruit display and a cheese board, but there is where the similarity to Jenny’s wedding ended. She had a carving station with pork tenderloin, Caesar salads, and pasta and bread baskets on every table.

My son is getting married next fall and his fiance has asked me to help her plan the wedding. She has chosen between the two wedding caterers that we’ve already worked with. She liked the food at both weddings. She is a vegetarian and was thrilled at the offerings by the caterer that she chose. There will be soups, stews, roasted vegetables, eggplant parmesan as the main course and stuffed portobello mushroom. I think that there was even more on the menu, but everything I heard her name sounded delicious. I can hardly wait until the wedding.

www.BestSanDiegoCatering.com

8 comments:

Zack said...

I live in Denver, and I used a caterer that was pretty good for our wedding, but it was a bit rich.

One of my current clients is a Boulder caterer, and they invited me to an open house where they had a nice variety of rich and mellow foods. One of my favorites was the dates wrapped in bacon...Quite the experience!

I love stuffed mushrooms, but the flavored nuts sound really good.

Good luck planning that wedding -- it's nice you'll be there to help out; there's so much to do!

Alicia M said...

Which catering services did you use? I hear the French Gourmet is excellent for San Diego wedding catering but they are the only ones I know of around here.

Unknown said...

Hi,
This was a great post. We are an aspiring catering business and would like your feedback on our blog and presentation. We're not yet up to the level of weddings but would like to be there soon. What would be your advice? We have done all we can to utilize the internet and youtube services:
honeysuckle.posterous.com
youtube.com/honeysucklecatering
Thank you!
Honeysuckle Catering

Unknown said...

I have been looking for a caterer that has a great menu, wonderful staff and has the ability to save me some money at the same time. So far, the front runner is The Abbey Catering & Event Design by far. Their all-inclusive packages cover the catering,cake,floral, photographer, DJ, venue and even a honeymoon stay in Maui. All top notch vendors with discounted package rates.

Unknown said...

I have been looking for a caterer that has a great menu, wonderful staff and has the ability to save me some money at the same time. So far, the front runner is The Abbey Catering & Event Design by far. Their all-inclusive packages cover the catering,cake,floral, photographer, DJ, venue and even a honeymoon stay in Maui. All top notch vendors with discounted package rates.

John Loca said...

Mushroom catering offers Christmas Party Catering, Sydney CBD Catering, Wedding Catering Sydney ,corporate events catering, breakfast catering, morning tea catering at an affordable price, We have great corporate and Tea / breakfast catering menu item at Sydney.

SmokeHouse Catering said...

Great info please share this link http://www.smokehousegrills.com

Anonymous said...

Choosing the best catering such the
caterers brooklyn spells the success of a wedding reception. Fresh and tasty food are among the hallmarks of great wedding catering.